PIERIAN SODALITY WILL GIVE CONCERT TONIGHT

Gustav Holst Will Conduct Orchestra In Own Composition--Second Public Concert To Be Given Later

Opening its one hundred and twenty-third concert season, the Harvard University Orchestra. Pierian Sodality of 1808, will give a string concert for 25 pieces this evening at 8.15 o'clock In Paine Hall of the Music Building. Under the direction of G. Wallace Woodworth '24, the orchestra will give its only other public concert this sesson on Tuesday, March 29.

Gustav Holst, famous English composer, now giving several courses in composition at Harvard, will conduct the orchestra in the recital of one of his own compositions, the St. Paul's Sutte for string orchestras. The program also includes a Vivaldo concerto that is seldom given, and a concerto for the violon-cello that has never been heard in Boston before will be played by R. U. Jameson '32, president of the Sodality. The program is as follows: Water Music  Handel Concerto in B Minor for four violins  Vivaldo Violin solos  S. T. Romasskieicz '33   George Mateyo '34   David Band '34   E. M. Reover, Jr. 3G. Concerto in D. Minor for Violoncello  J. Bach St. Paul's Suite for string orchestra  Holst Jig Oelintao - Intermezzo -- Finale (The Dungeon)