STICKMEN TRAVEL TO NEW HAVEN FOR FINALE OF SERIES

Blue Sextet Has Apparent Advantage In Strategy--Fourth Game Cannot Be Played in Event of Yale Win

Voyaging again to New Haven, scene of its 4 to 1 victory over Yale, the University hockey team concludes its season tonight with a game in whose denouement the Great God Jinx may play a master hand. A Crimson triumph would mean the first humbling of the Big Blue since 1928, a tie leaves Harvard still with the edge, defeat spells another stalemate similar to that of 1930.

A fourth game cannot be played as officials of both Universities are opposed to "post-season" games.

Complicated psychological factors seems to cast their spell over most major sport competitions between the two institutions. Tonight, Harvard will be playing on Yale's home ice where Cambridge teams seem to have had a pre-disposition to win. Yale, despite its improved showing in the second game of the series, still has the apparent advantage of being the underdog and has come strategically closer to the tactics best calculated to upset the Crimson offensive.

Yale is favored by the presence of its expert net-guardian, Curtiss, whose non-chalent impenetrability last Saturday night almost completely check-mated Harvard's most desperate cannonades. A vital factor in the Eli campaign is the availability of Iglehart, brilliant defenseman and goal-getter. Sinus trouble prevented his taking part in the second game and it is extremely dubious whether recovery will be prompt enough to insure a reappearance. Coach Stubbs of Harvard, on the other hand, has his team at full strength.

Yale, more erratic, yet with a better scoring record than the Crimson, chose to adopt practically a five-man defense against her foe, last week-end. These tactics set at naught the almost astonishing team-work of the Harvard forwards and contrived to tire the Crimson players. Harvard undoubtedly showed greater control of the puck, but had it not been for the watchful defense work of Crosby, MacGregor, and deGive, the sallies of Fletcher, Cookman, and Bostwick, might well have skyrocketed the Yale score to a winning figure. Only by sending in Putnam, able puck-carrier, at right defense, to assist the attackers of the first forward line, could Coach Stubbs place sufficient pressure upon the Yale protective wall to yield a score.

The Harvard players leave for New Haven at 1.35 o'clock and will return on the sleeper. Although the two Universities have played with only one break every year since 1900 a tie tonight would be only the third in the 32 years of competition.TOP--Jack Winter, stalwart Yale defenseman who halted many Harvard rushes. ABOVE--W. H. Crosby '32 whose reliable poke-checking, In last Saturday's game, broke up many Blue offensives. RIGHT--Captain C. C. Cunningham '32, star forward and body-checker.