INTER-HOUSE GASTRONOMICS

The officials at Lehman Hall have given their consent to a revision of the rules concerning House members dining with their friends in Houses other than their own. It now is the task of the Masters to arrange the details, a problem which they failed to consider at their meeting yesterday. At present men eating outside their Houses do so at the expense of the host, who must pay fifteen cents more for his guest's meal than for his own. In addition, if the host has contracted for ten meals a week, and has eaten only eight himself, though he has entertained a guest he will be charged for ten meals in addition to the price of the guest's meal.

Two solutions to this problem are open. The first is to allow the host to count the guest's meal on his own quota, and to reduce the price of the guest's meal to the regular rates. The other is to allow the guest to sign for his own meal and count it on his own quota. In either case restrictions may be made to prevent a rush to any one House, as for example a limit may be put on the number of meals which one may eat away from his own board. Lehman Hall has announced its willingness to take care of the book-keeping.

Of the two alternatives the plan to allow men to pay their own way is the more popular. Mr. Endicott has stated that the matter is in the hands of the Masters, and since it is so, it only remains for the House officials to realize the force of opinion in favor of the change.