HUBBARD SELECTED BY HOOVER FOR COMMISSION

HUBBARD FOUNDED AND EDITED ARCHITECTURAL MAGAZINES

Henry Vincent Hubbard '97, the Charles Dyer Norton Professor of Regional Planning at Harvard, has been chosen by President Hoover to serve as a member of the National Capital Park and Planning Commission for a term of six years.

The execution of an extensive plan for the beautification of the District of Columbia is in the hands of this Commission. F. A. Delano '85, during the current year President of the Harvard Alumni Association, is Chairman of the Commission, and C. W. Eliot, 2nd '20, grandson of the late President Eliot, holds the position of executive city planner for the Commission.

Hubbard is Prominent Editor

Professor Hubbard is chairman of the council of the School of City Planning, established at Harvard in 1929. He founded the magazine "Landscape Architecture" in 1910, of which he is now chief editor; he is also the founder and chief editor of the "City Planning Quarterly," first published in 1925. He is also the president of the American Society of Landscape Architects, and a member of the President's Conference on Home Building and Home Ownership.

A Senator, a Congressman, and several officers representing other departments of the United States government, are, ex-officio, members of the Commission. The three or four other members are appointed by the President from the ranks of leaders in the professions of architecture, landscape architecture, and city planning. F. L. Olmstead '94, of Brookline, landscape architect, is at present a member of the Commission.