Crimson Will Hold Poll on Prohibition Today in Seven Houses and in Union

Results of Vote Will Be Sent To National Conventions by Princetonian

Harvard students will have the opportunity to express effectively their views on the prohibition issue today in the poll sponsored by the CRIMSON and the Daily Princetonian. Ballot boxes will be placed at all the House dining halls and at the Union where votes may be cast between 12 and 2 o'clock during the lunch hour and at dinner between 5.30 and 7.30 o'clock. Votes will be received at the CRIMSON building at 14 Plympton Street until 7.30 o'clock.

Two questions will be asked on the ballots. The first question is "Do you favor a definite prohibition plank in the platforms of the two major parties?" The second is "Should the plank be for: continuation, modification, repeal, or nation-wide referendum of the Eighteenth Amendment.

Nine Colleges Participate

Altogether, students in nine eastern colleges will express their opinion on this question. Besides Harvard, the poll will be held at Princeton, Amherst, Bryn Mawr, Dartmouth, Pennsylvania, Smith, Vassar, and Wellesley. The results will be interpreted as indicating the view of representative undergraduates.

The results of the voting at Harvard will be sent to the Daily Princetonian, and will then be combined with the balloting of the other colleges and transmitted to the National Conventions of the two major parties. The Republican Convention will be held at Chicago on June 14, while the Democrats will meet in the same city on June 27.