UNUSUAL MOVIE FEATURE SHOWN THIS AFTERNOON

APPEARED FOR FIRST TIME LAST NIGHT IN NEW YORK

Including an extensive selection of scenes and personages taken from world history since the war, a film of National and International Problems and Movements will be shown to members of the University and the public on Thursday at 2.30 o'clock at the Rice Institute of Geography on Divinity Avenue.

The film, consisting of nine reels, has been complied and edited by Louis de Rochement of Movietone News, and the International Film Foundation. This evening, in New York, the film will be shown for the first time, and Thursday the second showing will take place here.

Among other features this movie covers woman's movements, crime waves, prohibition, and the Disarmament Conference at Geneva. A sound film, this internationally-centered set of reels includes brief addresses by such men as Sir Robert Cecil, Curtius, Ghandi, Gibson, Henderson, Hitler, Ramsey MacDonald, Mussolini, and George Bernard Shaw, among others. In the portion of the reels dealing with prohibition, La Guardia and Mrs. Sabin, of wet affiliations, hold forth.

In national affairs the march on Washington by the army of unemployed, an occurence which was censored by the government from public news reel showings, is completely covered. An other portion of the film contains scenes of military manouvers; much of the film is devoted to Chinese photography.