DODGE ELECTED TO TRACK CAPTAINCY

Earned Laurels Last Year and on 1933 Team in 440-Yard Race--Member of Harvard-Yale Team

Nathan Phillips Dodge '33 of Milton was elected captain of the Harvard track team for 1933 yesterday afternoon after the annual team picture. He succeeds E. E. Record '32 who has been captain during the past year. Dodge prepared at Milton Academy where he was a member of the track team for three years and of the football team for two years. During his Freshman year he captained the 1933 Freshman team and last year he won his Varsity "H" in the quarter mile race, earning the reputation of being one of the best quarter-milers Harvard has had in years. He was chosen to be a member of the Harvard-Yale track team which met and defeated the combined Oxford-Cambridge group at Stamford Bridge, England, last summer.

This year Dodge distinguished himself during the Indoor track season, particularly in the H-D-C Triangular meet in which he established a new record of 33 seconds for the 200-yard dash. He ran a smart conservative race, letting the opposition wear itself out and finishing with a fine burst of speed to beat Captain Noyes of Dartmouth to the tape after running several brilliant time trials. During the spring season he injured a leg muscle and consequently was unable to run in the Yale meet on May 21. At present he is training for the Olympic tryouts and will accompany the Harvard team to the Intercollegiates in California during the middle of this month.

The newly elected Captain was elected secretary-treasurer of his Sophomore class and is a member of the Student Council. On May 18 he was elected to serve on the executive board of the Varsity Club.

George Manuck Fenollosa '33, of Salem succeeds J. R. Collins '32 as Varsity track manager for next year. He prepared at Andover.