HONORARY DEGREES AWARDED THIS MORNING

Following is the list of Honorary Degrees awarded at the Harvard Commencement Exercises in Sever Quadrangle this morning, together with the remarks by President Lowell.

MASTER OF ARTS

Michael Henry Sullivan: As a judge, as chairman of the School Committee and Finance Commission of Boston, diligent, just and wise; a citizen worthy to be honored.

DOCTOR OF DIVINITY

Henry Bradford Washburn: Dean of the Episcopal Theological School, sympathetic by nature, broad in outlook, and sage in counsel.

DOCTOR OF SCIENCE

William Morton Wheeler: Eminent as zoologist and Dean of the Bussey Institute. Profound student of the social life of insects, who has shown that they also can maintain complex communities without the use of reason.

DOCTOR OF LAWS

Karl Taylor Compton: A professor of physics, renowned for his contributions to its latest mysteries, the new President of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

Seymour Parker Gilbert: A young man called to the relentless task of carrying out the reparation settlement, who achieved the incredible.

Frederick Perry Fish: The leading patent lawyer of the country, who amid the work of an exacting profession has wrung time for public service in directing education.

Orville Wright: Like his brother, a navigator, whose persistent faith and work gave to men highways in the sky, and the age of discovering new countries having passed, taught men to shorten to a quarter the spaces on the earth.