BALL TEAM SEEKS REVENGE ON HOLY CROSS TOMORROW

Mahoney Gets Mound Assignment For Opponents--Worcester Team Took First Game, 5-4

Harvard will be seeking revenge tomorrow when the Holy Cross baseball team comes to Soldiers Field to play the second game of the annual home and home series at 3 o'clock. In the first meeting of the two nines at Worcester two weeks ago, the Crusaders staged a ninth-inning rally to score three runs and take the victory, 5 to 4.

Devens Faces Mahoney Again

Devens and Mahoney were the rival pitchers in that duel and it is likely that the same pair will be on the mound tomorrow. Devens, however, who won the first game with his triple when the bases were loaded and lost it by his numerous walks and his error in the ninth inning, should ascend the mound this afternoon under much more favorable circumstances. In the Worcester contest he had the disadvantage of pitching before a highly partisan crowd of some 5000 spectators which swept the field with yelling whenever the Purple threatened the Crimson lead. Tomorrow, on his home diamond, he will be relieved of this unsteadying influence.

The Crusader team is one of the smartest teams that Harvard has faced this spring. With fast fielding they deprived many an opposing batter of a hit and forced two double plays. In base-running, too, they made good every possible opportunity.

Of its last three games, Holy Cross has lost two. Saturday, at New Haven, the Elis, with Broaca pitching, scored a 6 to 4 victory over the Worcester nine, in spite of the fact that they were outhit. On Memorial Day, the Crusaders routed Boston College, 10 to 2 and on Wednesday they went down, 7 to 5, against a strong Providence team. Harvard has met defeat only once this year on Soldiers Field. HARVARD  HOLY CROSS Mays, 2b.  3b., Niemiec Thacher 3b,  s.s., Marshall Wood, s.s.  1b., Cammarano Devens, p.  l.f., Murray Lupien, r.f.  c.f., Farrell Gleason, c.f.  r.f., Colucci McCaffrey, l.f.  2b., O'Connell Sheldon, c.  c., Maynard Fincke, 1b.  p., Mahoney