TWO POLITICAL CLUBS PLAN JOINT GATHERING

DEBATE AND OPEN FORUM FOLLOW CONGRESSMEN'S TALKS

The Harvard Democratic and Republican Clubs will cooperate in a bi-partisan rally early next October to promote interest in the political campaigns and to present issues to the student body.

It is planned to have a Democratic and a Republican Congressman address the meeting first, after which will come a debate between two members of each club, and finally the gathering is to break up into an open forum and discussion. The Republican Congressman may be Robert Luce of Cambridge, while the Democrat has not yet been chosen.

D. M. Sullivan '33 and G. L. Harrington 2L will probably be the debaters for the Democratic side, with R. H. Ambergh '33 and A. E. Phillips '34 as their opponents. This will be the only joint meeting of the two clubs and is being done chiefly to attract greater interest.

Prominent Men To Speak

The Republican Club plans a number of open gatherings later in the autumn, and hopes to obtain Secretaries Adams and Hurley to deliver talks, if possible, and it may even get Calvin Coolidge or other prominent speakers.

Certain members of both the Republican and Democratic Clubs expect to do some campaign speaking this summer, probably in neighboring districts, thereby gaining considerable practical experience for their gatherings here during the following academic year. Each organization will keep in touch with its members during the summer in order to be able to swing into action more easily at the beginning of college.