Information Bureau Flooded With Bizarre Queries About Everything From Divorces to Spelling, as Well as Buildings

According to inquiries made at the Harvard Information Bureau yesterday such questions as how to get a divorce or buy a baby carriage are sandwiched in among the inquiries about college buildings and street addresses. The facilities of the Bureau are taxed to the limit to answer some of the strange questions which occasionally are asked.

The man who called in and asked how he could get a divorce caused temporary consternation, but was satisfied by being told to get in touch with the Legal Aid Bureau in Gannett House. No difficulty was experienced, however, in taking care of the thrifty instructor who wished to know where he could get the second-hand perambulator.

One of the most bizarre problems was proposed by an old man who wanted to know how he should go about selling his body to the University for scientific purposes. He was referred to the Medical School.

Along toward graduation time a fairly common inquiry refers to what the well-dressed debutante should wear at the Senior Spread. Mothers also often call in to inquire about just what colors are best for their children's dormitory rooms.

A frequent inquiry is made by people interested in science as to how they can donate their pets to the cause of research. A regular occurrence is the question of what is the correct pronunciation or spelling of some word, such as beret. Once the office was asked whether a tomato is a fruit or a vegetable. It replied in the negative.