USHER, ROBINSON GIVE LECTURES FOR JOBLESS

Conduct Courses For Unemployed at Old South Meeting House-Usher on U.S. Economic History

A. P. Usher '04, associate professor of Economics, and F. B. Robinson of the Fogg Art Museum, will give a series of lectures at the Old South Meeting House in Boston beginning Monday, January 23. for the benefit of the unemployed, it was announced last night by A. F. Whittem '02, associate professor of Romance Languages. Whittem is chairman of committee in charge of the courses, which will be offered free for nine weeks.

Usher will lecture on "The Economic History of the United States," on Tuesday's at 3 o'clock, while Robinson, speaking on Wednesdays at 3 o'clock, will take as its subject "Appreciation of Art." Besides these two courses, lectures will be given by various Boston authorities on advertising, business law, current events, mental hygiene, psychology, and science and civilization.

Cooperative University Courses were given for the first time last winter in Boston, as one project of the governor's committee on unemployment, of which William Phillips '00, was a chairman.