VARSITY SQUASH TEAM OVERCOMES QUINCY, 4-1

HARVARD VICTORIOUS IN THREE OUT OF FOUR MINOR GAMES

Displaying a steady, sure power which it has hitherto failed to evince, the Varsity squash A team swept through the Quincy Neighborhood A team, 4 to 1 last Saturday, raising their league standing from fifth to third place, and threatening the Union Boat Club.

Crimson Players Lose First Games

Every one of the first three Crimson players lost the first game of their match in the Quincy courts, only to win in the end with considerable ease. In the feature match of the day, Robert Grant '34 defeated Wakeman, 3 to 2. Grant barely pulled through the third game by two decisive placements and a corner shot.

Defeating Barbour of the Quincy Club, J. G. Cornish ocC started slowly, losing the first game and the first eight points of the second, then rallying to overcome the lead, winning 3 to 1.

The summary:

Robert Grant '34 defeated Wakeman, 14-17, 12-15, 16-14, 15-5, 15-8; J. G. Cornish ocC. defeated Barbour, 7-15, 16-13, 15-9, 15-9; G. H. Hartford 11, '34 defeated Plaffmann, 13-15, 15-9, 15-0, 15-12; S. E. Davenport, III, '34 defeated Nordbloom, 15-8, 15-5, 15-13; Holden defeated F. L. Young '33, 15-8, 15-13, 18-16.

Three of the remaining four Harvard squad teams won their league matches, only the Freshman D team losing to the M.I.T. Jayvees, 3 to 2. The Varsity B team took over the Newton Centre S.T.C., 3 to 2, the Varsity C team blanked an outfit from the Business School, and the Freshman C team retained its lead in the C league, outclassing the M.I.T. Varsity, 4 to 1.