ARRANGE MATCHES FOR SQUASH MEN THIS YEAR

GRANT, HARTFORD, DAVENPORT FORM NUCLEUS OF TEAM

Strengthened by the back-bone of last year's first team, the Varsity squash squad anticipates a successful 1933-34 season, a season which, following last winter's policy, will include in addition to the Massachusetts Squash-Racquets League series, matches with M.I.T., Princeton, Yale, and possibly Dartmouth.

Robert Grant, Huntington Hartford, and Sandy Davenport, all Seniors, will beyond doubt fill the top three berths, as they did last year. Grant is the present state champion; Hartford, a brilliant but somewhat temperamental player; and Davenport, one of the steadiest players under Harry Cowles' tutelage. It is likely that positions four and five on the A team will be strongly contested for by Sophomores G. G. Glidden, and E. R. Sargent, both of whom did unusually well on their Freshman team.

At a meeting of freshmen yesterday afternoon in the Linden Street Courts, Coach Cowles got the first year men under way, about 30 men showing up, many of whom have had previous experience at Exeter, Middlesex, Belmont Hill, and other prep schools. Cowles will select a squad of about 20 men from this group in the next few days, and will then reduce the group down to tentative ranking following personal tests.