CHARDON QUARTET WILL RENDER SEVEN CONCERTS

Davison, Hill, Woodworth, and Piston On Board Sponsoring Longy School Of Music Programs

A series of chamber music concerts by the Chardon String Quartet will be given in Brattle Hall on seven Thursday evenings, commencing November 9. The concerts, which are under the auspices of the Longy School of Music, will complete a cycle, in chronological order, of the seventeen string quartets of Beethoven.

The school's advisory board, of which Dr. Archibald T. Davison '06, conductor of the Glee Club, is chairman, also includes: Edward B. Hill '94, chairman of the Division of Music, Walter Piston '24, assistant professor of Music, and G. Wallace Woodworth '24, assistant conductor of the Glee Club.

The members of the quartet, all members of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, are Norbert Lauga, first violin; Clarence Knudson, second violin; Jean Cauhape, viola; and Yves Chardon, 'cello. The complete list of dates for the Thursday series are: November 9 and 23, December 14, January 18, February 15, March 15, and April 12. Course tickets are now on sale at the Longy School, 44 Church Street. They may be obtained either by applying for them in person during the day or by mailing a check to the School.