"AMICUS CERTUS IN RE . . ."

People attending the football games at the Stadium are forced to put up with sanitary facilities which can best be described as barbaric. The gentleman's rooms, for instance, consist of a twenty-foot fence with three-foot wings on each end; for them, and, presumably, for the ladies', the drainage arrangements, other than those provided by Mother Earth, are nil. This state of affairs, obviously, possesses certain more or less serious drawbacks; among them are its potentialities as a seventh heaven for bacteria.

The situation in the press box above the colonnade is even more unfortunate; its designers chose to leave it bereft of lavatories. Since those on the ground level are practically inaccessible, the prevailing condition is approximately equivalent to that enjoyed at the campsites of savage tribes.

That the Board of health allows these things in this progressive age of cheap galvanized iron and readily available water supply is difficult to realize. But that the authorities of the College should permit their continuance is almost incredible. Cost, particularly when so slight, should not be allowed to stand in the way of public hygiene; the authorities have no excuse for not instituting a change within the year.