HARVARD SCENE OF SCIENCE MEETING LATE NEXT MONTH

Lowell Will Act as Honorary Chairman Of Official Committee -- Compton To Be Honorary Vice-Chairman

Harvard University will be the host this year to the members and guests of the American Association for the Advancement of Science. Scientists from all parts of the United States, Canada, Porto Rico, and Europe will gather in Cambridge and Boston. Professor Einstein is an expected guest. At this meeting, lasting from Wednesday until Saturday, December 27 to 30, there will be popular, lectures and demonstrations as well as scientific conferences, dinners, and lunches in each of the many scientific societies embraced by the Association.

This will be the fifth time the Association has met in Boston. In 1922 M.I.T. was the host to the members of this society. There are meetings annually, always in some large city of the United States.

The official program, about 100 pages in length, will not be ready until about Saturday, December 23. The official committee, headed by President-Emeritus Lowell, the honorary chairman, and Karl D. Compton, President of M.I.T. honorary vice-chairman, and including: Samuel C. Prescott of M.I.T., active chairman; Arthur L. Townsend, also of M.I.T., active vice-chairman; and Kirtley F. Mather, of Harvard, secretary. These officers along with Arthur L. Endicott '94, Comptroller of Harvard University, are exerting every influence to make this a smooth and efficient meeting. Last spring Mr. Samuel Woodley, representative of the association from Washington, was here making arrangements for the convention.

Memorial Hall is to be the head-quarters for all operations. Both registration and certain important exhibits will take place in this building. Many dinners and lunches will be held in the Union, kept open for this purpose, Hotel Continental, and Hotel Commander. The Chemistry and Physics societies will meet for two days at M.I.T.