ELEVEN IN FINAL TRIM FOR ELI GAME

Freshmen Use Blue Tactics Against Varsity in Uneventful Wednesday Practice Session

Barring unforeseen complications, no last-minute change in lineup is in order for the Varsity gridsters before the clash with the Blue and the team that has worked together for the last week seems certain to be found on the field when the opening whistle blows.

A usual Wednesday practice session with nothing out of the ordinary, was all that was on the docket for the squad yesterday afternoon on Soldiers Field. Starting out the afternoon with the regular drill on fundamentals, Coach Eddie Casey put the players through a signal drill, an offensive and defensive pass workout and gave them their third look at Yale formations as demonstrated by the Freshmen.

With the approach of the game, the hopes that Lane and Cheek may be ready to work on Saturday grow dimmer and dimmer. Reports yesterday had it that Cheek will not even be able to be sent in at all and that it is considered advisable to keep Lane out altogether. Their Varsity letters may be voted by members of the squad, coaches, etc., and it is likely that this will be the method used in awarding them. In spite of their injuries, however, they will dress for the game.

Locke continued to alternate with Wells at the left half position but Wells is definitely set to start the game. His running mates in the first backfield will be Litman at right half, Haley at quarter and Dean at full.