LIPPMANN, BLIVEN WILL SPEAK AT HARVARD SOON

BLIVEN TO TREAT FARM PROBLEM IN FIRST OF INQUIRY SERIES

Walter Lippmann '10, editorial columnist of the New York Herald-Tribune and member of the Board of Overseers, and Bruce Bliven, managing editor or The New Republic, will speak before Harvard organizations during the next four days.

Mr. Lippmann will be a guest at a Kirkland House dinner tonight, and will discuss any topics that may be introduced in an informal discussion in the Junior Common room. The meeting will be open to members of Kirkland House only.

The farm situation in the Middle West and its relation to the New Dean will be the subject of Mr. Bliven's address before the Harvard Inquiry in the Lowell House common room at 7.45 o'clock on Monday evening. An open forum will follow the speech, which will be open to the public.

Mr. Bliven, who was born in Iowa, has recently returned from a trip through the discontented farming sections and is expected to give authentic information on the conditions he found. A summary of his views, entitled "The Corn Belt Cracks Down," appeared in the New Republic on November 22.

The meeting is the first of a series dealing with the Roosevelt Recovery program being sponsored by the Inquiry. Unemployment relief, the administration's monetary policies and the N.R.A. will be taken up in the meetings before the end of the year.