VARSITY ELEVEN WILL HOLD FINAL PRACTISE TODAY

Tackling Dummy Not To Be Burned For First Time in Many Years--Economy Ends Time-Honored Custom

Harvard's football forces will hold the final practice session of the 1933 season this afternoon in the Stadium at 3.15 o'clock as the last item on the polishing-up program for the Yale clash on Saturday and those undergraduates who wish to may visit the workout. The practice will be open for the first time in many years and those who want to get one last look at the team will be admitted to the Stadium.

Contrary to the usual custom, however, the tackling dummy, that long-suffering instrument of torture, will not have to go through the humiliation of being burned. Economy measures prevent the sacrifice of such a necessary appendage of the practices.

A flock of blue-jerseyed athletes will arrive in Boston this morning to battle for Eli on the gridiron and the soccer field. Yale is sending nearly 150 men to compete in sports over the week-end and 43 of these are Varsity football players.

The Yale football team will arrive at 12.50 o'clock and will proceed to the Belmont Springs Country Club. At 2 o'clock in the afternoon, the squad will work out in the Stadium, running through signals and drilling on the passing, kicking and fundamentals. The Harvard squad after watching the first half of the Jayvees game will put the final touches on its machine and will leave for the Country Club where supper will be served. After-dinner speeches will be in order, following the repast and among those who are expected to contribute are Linus Travers, Yankee Network announcer for the game, and Conrad Nagel, film and stage star now appearing in Boston. By 10 o'clock the squad will be back in Cambridge and will enjoy the sleep of the weary in their respective rooms.