FOGG OPENS EXHIBIT OF NEW METHOD ART WORK

Paintings By Dr. Ross and Pupils Show Results of Experimentation--Art of Zimmerman Also on View

From February 9 until March 9, the Fogg Art Museum is opening Galleries XIV and XV for an exhibition of paintings and drawings. The former are works of pupils of Dr. D. W. Ross '75, a former Harvard professor, who is experimenting with a new method of painting, while the latter are products of practically these same men under the direction of Harold Zimmerman.

One of the greatest benefactors of the Fogg Museum and connected with the Boston Museum of Art. Dr. Ross, well known in his profession, is endeavoring, through a private venture, to teach art by his new theory, known as the setpallette method. This consists basically of producing the natural colonization of a painting by using only certain colors, limited in both number and variety. These oils on exhibit consist mainly of portraits and figure studies.

On display among the drawings are two of outstanding merit by Carl Pick. hard '31, a former Lampoon editor. One, incidentally, is a representation of Bob Lampoon, who was for many years the janitor of the Lampoon building, and has now become a traditional figure. Byman Bloom is the author of two collections of supporter sketches. These of one group, which are similar in style to the works of George Rellows, depict different wrestlers, while the others are sccues from a circus, reminiscent of the French artist. Tonleuse Lautree.