CRIMSON SKATERS OPEN SERIES WITH GREEN AT HANOVER

Tilt Starts at 10.30 O'Clock on Indoor Natural-Ice Rink--Dartmouth Beaten By Yale, 6-2

With its chances for victory enhanced by triumphs in the last three games, the Varsity hockey team left Boston at 4.30 o'clock yesterday afternoon to meet Dartmouth at Hanover this morning. The game will start at 10.30 o'clock.

Proving their scoring power in the 13-4 win over Brae Burn in the Garden on Wednesday evening the players have high hopes for a continuation of the winning streak which began when they toppled Brown in Providence by the lop-sided score of 15-3. After losing on foreign ice to Princeton in the first of a two-game series, the Crimson came back to nose out the Tiger in a hard-fought 5-4 tilt in the Garden on Saturday, January 21, with Wolcott clinching the game by a tally late in the last period.

Only meagre reports come from Hanover as to the prowess of the Big Green sextet but indications point to the fact that no exceptional opposition may be expected. As in other years Dartmouth has been hampered by a scarcity of ice which has prevented the regulation number of practice sessions. The Red Men succumbed to the Yale team in a contest at New Haven on January 15, 6-2, and at that time both the offensive and defensive play of the visitors from New Hampshire was ragged and in-effectual, Crowther, Powers, and Norton handed in stellar performances in preventing further scores by the Blue outfit. The second game in this series which was to be played in Hanover a week later had to be cancelled because the ice in the indoor natural-ice rink had melted. The Dartmouth team has also been harassed by an epidemic of the grippe which forced many of the players out of the game.