GOAL BY BALDWIN BRINGS WIN OVER GREEN SEXTET 3-2

Furious Play in Last Period Makes Up For Initial Slowness--First-String Men Show Up Well

A determined Dartmouth hockey sextet, fighting for victory every minute of play, forced the visiting Crimson outfit to the utmost in Hanover on Saturday morning and ony a goal by Baldwin in the last few seconds gave Harvard the edge by the score of 3-2.

After a goal early in the contest by Arthur, right-wing for the Green, Harvard came back in the second period to tie the score, with Pruyn making the tally from a mix-up in front of the Dartmouth net. The final frame furnished the spectators with plenty of action, for the lead changed hands twice, and not until 19 minutes and 50 seconds had elapsed, did Baldwin's goal on a pass from Putnam give Harvard its hard-earned victory. It was Baldwin, too. who had paved the way for the winning score a few minutes before, when his solo dash down the ice had tied the score at two-all.

The Crimson skaters, hampered at first by their inexperience on the natural ice of the Dartmouth indoor rink, were slowed up in the opening periods, and the furious play in the last period came as a surprise. Finding the redskins possessing a defense stronger than they had shown in any of their previous games, Harvard was forced to use the first line for the greater part of the tilt, and it was the first-string men who provided the fireworks in the final period. To Baldwin, for his counters, which put the game on the ice for Harvard, go the scoring honors, although excellent work by deGive in the goal prevented many possible scores by Morton and Captain Jackson of the Green.

The summary: HARVARD  DARTMOUTH Saltonstall, Beale, r.w.     l.w., Crowther, Powers, Wolff Putnam, Pruyn, c.  c., Jackson, R. Morton Baldwin, Wolcott, l.w.     r.w., Manchester, Arthur Martin, Pell, r.d.  l.d., Bennett Watts, l.d.  r.d., Nissen, Faegre deGive, g.  g., McHugh

Score--Harvard 3, Dartmouth 2. Goals-- First period, Arthur (14.13). Second period, Pruyn (13.30). Third period, Baldwin (10.30), Morton (18.00), Baldwin (19.50). Penalties--Watts, Baldwin, Nissen 2, Bennett. Referees--Smith, Stewart. Time--Three 20-minute periods.