VARSITY SEXTET MEETS BRAE BURN

Squad Put Through Heavy Workout In Preparation For Clash--Hodder To Play Center For Brae Burn

The Varsity hockey team will swing back into action again tonight when it meets the Brae Burn Hockey Club in the Boston Garden at 8.30 o'clock. The clash will serve as a pre-Dartmouth game test for the Crimson squad which has been out of competition for nearly three weeks because of mid-year exams. No contest was originally scheduled for this date.

Scrimmage With Freshmen

Coach Stubbs put the squad through a long practice session at the Garden yesterday; a scrimmage with the Freshmen featured the afternoon's workout. Stubbs seemed well-pleased with the showing of the Varsity, and intends to start practically the same lines and defense pairings which worked so well in the Crimson's victory over the strong Princeton team on January 21.

The first line will have Putnam at center, with Baldwin and Captain Saltonstall on the wings. Pruyn will play center on the second line, with Wolcott and Beale at the wing positions. The third line will consist of Holmes at center, and Hasler and Lincoin wings. Watts and Martin will start at defense, and will be relieved by Pell and Dow. De Give is to be the goalie as usual.

Hodder Plays at Center

The Brae Burn Club is composed of former college hockey players and includes Clark Hodder '25, present Freshman hockey coach, W. P. Ellison '27, and W. E. Crosby, Jr. '24, former Crimson varsity defense players, R. J. Rogers, former Dartmouth wings, and Paul Curtis, former Yale star, will pair with Hodder in the first line. R. H. Waldinger '36, one of the Freshman goalies, will be in the nets for the Brae Burn Club, due to the fact that the regular goalie is recovering from an attack of grippe.

H.A.A. books will admit to the game.