HARVARD ICE STARS MAY TAKE PART IN GARDEN CARNIVAL

Yale, Dartmouth, M.I.T., and Princeton Also Asked To Play--Proceeds From Fete Goes to Charity

One of the feature attractions of a monster ice carnival for unemployment to be held in the Boston Garden on Wednesday, March 22, will be a hockey game between the Boston Bruins and an all-star intercollegiate team. A committee headed by H. R. Hardwick is arranging all the details of the affair.

Invitations to take part have been sent out to the outstanding college players of the year, among whom are Ian Baldwin '33, P. deB.. deGive '34, J. W. Putnam '33, and Captain Fletcher of Yale. In addition, Dartmouth, Princeton, and M.I.T. will be represented. It was learned last night that Assistant Coach Case of Harvard will probably coach the team in the few practices it will be able to hold. It is also probable that several first-year men will see service in the encounter.

In addition to the hockey game, speed races against time between the players have been planned, with such racers as Lamb, Shore, and Clapper of the Bruins taking part. The Back Bay Skating Club will put on a demonstration of fancy and fast skating, and some of the best skaters in the vicinity will give exhibitions.

Among those on the committee are W. J. Bingham '16, J. T. Gilman, president of the Madison Square Garden Corporation, and Arthur Ross, manager of the Bruins. Another sub-committee, headed by S. J. Mahoney, sports editor of the Daily Record, is made up entirely of sports editors of local newspapers. Tickets are to be priced from $.50 through $2.00, and will be on sale starting tomorrow at the Boston Garden.

The original plan of having the carnival on March 12 fell through on account of the bank holiday. It was though then that Harvard. Dartmouth, and M:I.T. hockey teams would each play one period against the Bruins.