63 RECIPIENTS OF SCHOLARSHIPS AND AIDS AT MIDYEARS

15 Freshmen Listed Among Recipients In College--Result of High Grades Attained in Examinations

Mid-year awards of scholarships and aids to 63 students in the University were announced last night at University Hall. The total amount of the awards is $10,951, an average of about $150. Students in College received 45 awards, of which 17 were scholarships and 28 aids, and 18 scholarships were assigned to students in the Graduate Schools, of which 15 went to students in the Medical School, two in the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences and one in the School of Architecture.

Among the undergraduate awards, 15 scholarships have been awarded to members of the Freshman class as a result of high records at their mid-year examinations. Six of the honor Freshmen are from Massachusetts, two each from Montana, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York, and one from Connecticut.

18 Graduate Awards

Among the 18 graduate awards, New York and California are tied, with five recipients each. Two of the California scholarships were awarded by the Harvard Club of San Francisco.

The undergraduate scholarships were received by S. S. Alexander '36, S. J. Boguniecki '36, R. J. Currie '36, Jesse Effron '36, Irving Feister '36, E. W. Fischer '36, R. C. Hall '36, N. A. Levine '36, J. J. Maloney '36, E. W. Marchand '36, G. W. Oettle '36, J. J. Ponuchalek '36, Gilbert Radlo '34, O. E. Rodgers '36, T. H. Rome '36, R. A. Sutermeister '34, H. P. Welch '36.