GRADUATES IN HOUSES MUST TAKE DEAR ROOMS

Undergraduates Will Be Favored For Cheap Accommodations--No Fixed Minimum Set For Graduates

Graduate students living in the Houses will not as a general rule be allowed to have the less expensive rooms to the exclusion of undergraduates, it was revealed at University Hall yesterday. No definite minimum price has been fixed, however, and the Masters will be allowed to decide what rooms will be allotted to graduate students in particular cases.

A statement issued yesterday reads: "In regard to enrollment in the Houses, it has been expressed as a general principle that the less expensive rooms ought not to be given to graduate students to the exclusion of undergraduates. The aim is to protect the interests of the undergraduate members for whom the Houses are primarily intended. It is naturally desirable and gratifying that members of the Houses should want to continue in residence as graduate students. But limits are necessary in order that the interests of the undergraduates may not be prejudiced, either as to the price or number of rooms available. The undergraduates are given first choice for all of the rooms except those which are normally undersubscribed. If, after the selection by undergraduates, other rooms remain, they will naturally be available to graduate students within the Houses."

It has not been revealed how many graduate students will be given rooms in the Houses next year.