PLANS REVEALED FOR EMPLOYMENT OF STUDENTS HERE

Those Wishing Work Must Apply Within Next Month -- 20 Jobs Open to 1934, None to 1935, 25 to 1936

Application blanks for work next year have been mailed by the Student Employment Office to all students who have been employed during the last season and who will be eligible for employment next year, it was announced last night by R. T. Sharpe '28, secretary for student employment.

All members of the Classes of 1934, 1935, and 1936, other than those mentioned above, who want jobs and plan to reside in one of the Houses next year may secure application forms at the Student Employment Office on Monday, March 27. These blanks are to be returned to the Office not later than Monday, May 1, at 5 o'clock. Details of the methods to be used in filling jobs under the Temporary Student Employment Plan for 1933 and 1934 were also made public yesterday.

All other undergraduates who have worked continuously from the date of their assignments until Commencement will be given first preference for employment next season, although special attention will be paid to those men who have worked under the Plan but have been forced to resign for some legitimate cause. The remaining jobs will be awarded to the new applicants, who will be carefully considered on the basis of their need, academic achievement, and general promise.

Sharpe pointed out that, if all holders of jobs apply for reassignment and are found deserving, the number of vacancies open to new applicants will be comparatively limited. He estimates that from 15 to 20 jobs will be available next year for members of the Class of 1934, while approximately 25 positions open to men in the Class of 1936. There will be virtually no jobs available for members of the Class of 1935, unless several students in that class, who now hold positions, do not apply for work next year. This results from the fact that assignments to jobs are made roughly in the proportion of 40 percent to Seniors, 30 percent to Juniors, and 30 percent to Sophomores.