SECOND COMPETITION TO BEGIN FOR FRESHMEN

TRAINING PROVES VALUABLE IN DEALING WITH PEOPLE

The following article was written by a member of the Business Board of the Crimson for the benefit of Freshmen intending to come out for the Business Competition beginning Tuesday evening, April 11.

The CRIMSON business competition opening April 11 offers every Freshmen the opportunity of learning these essentials of business. There is routine work, to be sure, that must be learned in the first two weeks of the competition, but these duties have been reduced year after year to their present minimum. During this opening period, considerable time will be spent in teaching new men the technique of business procedure under the supervision of present business editors. Later, the candidate will be allowed and expected to proceed on his own initiative. New accounts, new ideas, new methods of procedure will all be counted in the candidate's favor.

In short, the CRIMSON business competition offers sound practical business experience to Harvard men while they are still in college. All Freshmen who wish to hear the details of this activity outlined more fully are urged to attend this meeting beginning promptly at 7.15 o'clock Monday night, April 11, at the CRIMSON building. No experience is necessary.