DRINKER DENIES CONNECTION WITH COLLINS COMPANY

Charges By Nelson Littell Are False Says Guild--Royalties Only Money Paid By Manufacturer

"Professor Drinker has no connection with the respirator-patent suit now being pressed by Warren E. Collins, Inc. against J. H. Emerson, or any financial interest in the Collins company," H. R. Guild '17, attorney for Drinker, asserted last night in a denial of charges that Drinker is a secret stock holder in the Collins company and is supplying financial aid in the law suit to determine the validity of the respirator patents now held by Collins.

This denial was caused by a statement made to Emerson, Collins' rival in the manufacture of respirators, by Nelson Littell, of New York City, attorney for Warren E. Collins, Inc. Emerson states that during the course of his talk with Littell, the lawyer said, "Professor Drinker is paying for part of this law suit, and new patent applications have been filed in his name." Littell now denies this.

According to Guild, both Drinker and Collins have agreed that the entire cost of the suit is to be borne by Collins, and Drinker's sole connection with the case will be that of a witness. He admitted that new patents have been filed in Drinker's name, but said that was solely to satisfy the requirement of the United States patent law that all patents must be filed in the name of an individual rather than a corporation.

Guild also flatly refuted the charge that Drinker holds stock in the Collins company. "My client has never held any stock in Collins' firm; the sole remuneration he has gained from his invention was royalties from the sales of the first Drinker model," Guild said. This charge had been circulated by several magazines and newspapers.