GERMAN TALKIE TO BE PRESENTED NEXT WEEK

PICTURE OFFERED IN RESPONSE TO STUDENT DEMANDS

"Barberina, Die Tanzerin von Sansouci," a German talking film, will be shown at the Germanic Museum Thursday, April 27, and Friday, April 28. The presentation, under the joint auspices of the Germanic Museum and the Department of Germanic Languages and Literature, will take place in Renaissance Hall. The equipment used will be furnished by the University Film Foundation.

This film is the first to be offered in response to student demands for showings of German talking films at Harvard. Arthur Burkhard, assistant professor of German, and C. L. Kuhn, curator of the Germanic Museum, have carried on exhaustive inquiries with New York film distributors with a view to securing a class A German-made film. It was emphasized by the committee in charge that the reception accorded "Barberina" would decide the question of whether or not showings of German films would be continued. If the demand for tickets at this performance warrants the continuance of the films, the membership of the committee will be increased and added films selected for future presentations.

Arrangements for the distribution of the tickets will be announced later. The tickets are free to students in Harvard University and Radcliffe College. Two presentations each day will be given, one at 4.30 o'clock and the other at 8.15 o'clock.

The film presentations of the German department follow the lead of the French Talking Films Committee.