MORE GERMAN PICTURES SCHEDULED FOR 1933-34

FRENCH FILMS TO BE CONTINUED NEXT YEAR

While there will be no more German films shown this year, there will be a program of films next year that will be quite comparable to that of the French Department, according to C. L. Kuhn, curator of the Germanic Museum.

Dr. Kuhn also said that the committee in charge of the pictures was fully satisfied with the reception that was accorded to "Barbarina, Die Tanzerin von Sanssouci." This film was run as an experiment and attendance exceded the expectations of the committee. 1275 members of the University and Radcliffe attended the four performances of the film. Only 1200 tickets were issued at the Museum. Previously to the showing of "Barbarina" the announcement was made that if the students showed sufficient interest there would be more films in the future. The committee now feels that it is justified in enlarging its membership and selecting a program of films for next year.

Future films will be shown in the auditorium of the Rice Institute of Geographical Exploration because the production of last week showed many defects due to the poor mechanical equipment that was used in the Renaissance Hall of the Germanic Museum. Since there has been no trouble in showing the French films in the former hall the committee expects that the German films will be more enjoyable to the audience next year. The acoustics in the Geography building also are much better than those at the Germanic Museum, and there is a greater seating capacity in the former hall.

Mrs. E. K. Rand, chairman of the committee in charge of French Films, yesterday stated that there would be a full program of pictures again next year.