STUDENT COUNCIL PREPARES REPORT ON HOUSE SYSTEM

Commuters May Be Given Privileges In House Libraries--Proposals Made In Last Report Adopted

A repot on the House Plan is in preparation by a committee of the Student Council, it was announced yesterday by Robert Saltonstall Jr. '33, retiring president of the Council. Copies of the report will be ready later this month.

The report results, in part, from a request by University Hall for student opinion on various phases of the House Plan. It will consider, among other topic, House athletics, room prices, and the selection of students, the use of House libraries by commuters, the work of the Central Committee for assigning students to Houses, the problem of assigning men to tutors resident in their House, and the distribution of men representing different fields of concentration in the Houses.

The assisting Saltonstall are: Malcolm Bancroft '33; N. P. Doge '33, A. B. Gardiner, III, '33, W. A. Schroeder '33, W. S. Sims, Jr. '33, and Peregrine White '33. Last year's Student Council, headed by W. B. Wood, Jr. '32, reported on the employment of studetns, student waiting, room prices, food prices, and the cost of the House Plan. The report, submitted confidentially to the President and the Corporation, was influential in bringing about the creation of jobs for students and a reduction of room rents. The Council's greatest report was in 1926 when it advocated changes which resulted in the House Plan.