NEW CRITIC TO APPEAR AS 16-PAGE MAGAZINE

PUBLICATION GUARANTEES FOUR ISSUES DURING YEAR

A reorganization of the Harvard Critic, an undergraduate publication, was announced yesterday by the executive board. The new Critic will be in Magazine form, consisting of 16 pages with single column printing, the format size being six by eight inches.

Criticism To Be Specialty

The publication will print articles of criticism relating to the subject of education at Harvard and elsewhere, and to the relationship of college students to social and political problems. Last year the Critic had contributions from Herbert Hoover, Clarence Darrow, Billy Sunday, Ann Corio, Anton Cermak, Herbert Lehman, and other persons of intellectual eminence. The new Critic intends to have similar contributions this year in each issue.

An essay contest for Freshmen was also announced by the board, Daniel J. Boorstin '34, Richard M. Goodwin '34, Harold S. Saxe '34, and Richard B. Schlatter '34. First year men are invited to submit a "vignette" of not more than 200 words on the subject "My First Impressions of Harvard Indifference." The winning essay will be published, and all essays will be considered part of a competition to be officially opened later in the year.

The new Critic will probably issue six numbers during the year, each selling at fifteen cents.

The Board, however, guarantees the publication of only four issues during the year, and the executive board invites members of the University, including Freshmen, to write articles which may be published.