PAVEMENT REPLACES FAMOUS BOARDWALKS

Cambridge's famous boardwalks, on which Harvard men have made their way through New England Northeasters will be seen for the last time this winter. The old temporary board planking, set down each winter over dirt paths about the University will no longer be necessitated, for 75 per cent of these paths have already been replaced by paving during the summer. No longer will the students have to traverse the slippery boards to keep their ankles out of the wet gravel and slimy clay, for it is expected that all the paths will be replaced before the end of the year. It was learned that the cost of constructing the new walks is offset by the cost of putting down the boardwalks in the fall and taking them up in the spring.

New construction work that has been completed during the summer includes a brick double garage behind the President's House which will accommodate the automobiles of President Conant. The new addition to Kirkland House, Bryan Hall, is open for use, and the refinishing of the interior of the Harvard Athletic Association offices in the Harvard Union is also completed.