SKIING SQUAD STARTS ON SEASON'S PRACTICE

First Workout Sunday on Uncanoonuc Mountain Will Inaugurate Proctor's Training -- 28 Man Squad

Holding a meeting to discuss immediate ski plans, the ski squad recently decided to have it first outing Sunday on Uncanoonuc Mountain, near Manchester, New Hampshire. The men met at the Varsity Club and were addressed by Charles N. Proctor, former Olympic champion, who is to have charge of the coaching.

The Dartmouth, Carnival at Hanover, February 9 and 10; the Middlebury Carnival, February 12 and 13; the Harvard ski meet, an intramural affair on Mt. Washington, February 25; the Gunstock Race of the White Mountain Ski Runners on Mt. Belknap, March 4; the Eastern Downhill Race in the Taft Trail, Mt. Cannon, March 18; the Nanson Race on Mt. Washington, March 25; and the newly organized Harvard, Dartmouth Meet which this year is to be held in Tuckerman Ravine, Mt. Washington, April 29.

The Varsity team may consist either of Freshmen or Upperclassmen, there being no rule hindering first year men from entering Varsity competition. Freshmen will however, receive their numerals upon outstanding performance over the winter's showing instead of a letter. The team will finally be made up of six men for racing purposes.