JAYVEE TEAM DEFEATED BY IMPROVING VARSITY

LITMAN, JACKSON, ECKER, AND LOCKE MAKE TOUCHDOWNS

Swinging into the best offensive form they have shown at any time this year, Eddie Casey's football men crashed through the Jayvees yesterday for five tallies during the course of a 45 minute scrimmage. All but four members of the squad saw action.

Starting raggedly and losing the ball to the Jayvees on a fumble in midfield, the Varsity was put on the defensive in the early part of the afternoon. But right then the whole team tightened up, and from that time on it was rough going for the Jayvees. For the Varsity held Jimmy Knex's boys for downs and got the ball again on their own 40. They drove through to a first down on the 50, Don Jackson turned in a sweet little sprint to the Jayvees' 18, and Tommy Bilodeau added three more spaces. Chet Litman did what was needed for the rest of the distance and the initial score.

For the second tally Litman and Jackson again put on the pressure and ended their collaborated march down the field with a Litman to Jackson pass for the touchdown. This closed "A" team's workout for the afternoon. Both backfield and line were going beautifully, with their brief rocky start the only bad spot of the day. From the coaches' point of view this was especially desirable yesterday since President Conant was among the spectators at the practice field. It is the first time the President has visited one of Casey & Co.'s sessions.

With "B" team in action there was another ragged stretch of opening plays, then the Varsity clicked again and plowed from their own 30 into Jayvee territory. The last 30 yards for a touchdown was covered by George Ford's pass to Leo Ecker. Still another tally was added by a steady march from the Jayvee 40, where the Caseymen were given the ball, to the goal line.

Part of this afternoon's session will be taken up by a demonstration of Brown plays. With a strong, heavy Bruin team coming to town this weekend plenty of preparations are being made, and judging by yesterday's performance the squad will be in good shape for the battle. Brown, with its 198-pound line, tackle to tackle, is second only in weight to Holy Cross, which boasts a bunch of 205-pound bruisers. Dan Fraad, 218-pound tackle, is one of the outstanding linemen who are due at the Stadium in the near future.

The "A" lineup was: Knapp, le; Lane, lt; Brookings, lg; Comfort, c; Gundlach, rg; Watson (later Adlis), rt; Cahners, re; Haley, qb; Bilodeau, lhb; Litman, rhb; Jackson, fb