Frankfurter Prominent in Stadium Relief Job As Ten Thousand Harvard Men Road, Shout

"More Pounds Per Dollar" Feeling Among Those Who Really Know

When 10,000 men of Harvard descend from the Stadium on a cold Saturday afternoon this fall and demand sustenance for the inner man, Miss Betty Lee and her 35 undergraduate assistants will ward off the attack with thousands of strictly sanitary "redhot" frankfurters.

Or at least that's the plan of strategy that Miss Lee, a Pittsburgh expert on the quick-lunch culinary art, unfolded yesterday at the first meeting of Soldiers Field Culinary Arts 1hf (Wednesday, Thursday at 5 o'clock.) For when Messrs. Jacobs Bros, took over the Stadium refreshment stand concession and placed Mr. Max Samuels in charge, they decreed that science should invade the life of even the lowly hotdog.

This step wasn't taken without experience. No light thing is it to anujhilate the famous Harvard Stadium hotdog, known for generations for its resilieney, its sturdiness, its more pounds per dollar value. Messrs. Jacobs Bros, are the owners of the concessions at Pittsburgh, Detroit, and Michigan State, and "at the Pitt-Notre Dame game we had 63,000 customers and we served 'em redhots and they went nuts about 'em."

Or, if the lowly pigskin (not the Varsity's plaything) attracts you not there are ice cream, sandwiches, and 'ice col' tonik" for your choice. But to get back to the "redhots," if you really want your dog ready and barking for you when the intermission arrives, you better be one of the first 400 to reach the nearest concession stand. For only 400 frankfurters can endure the pangs of cooking at one time and it takes one and one half minutes to cook another. The Stadium too has its "400".

However, speed and courtesy in serving are points number two and three on Miss Lee's program, and yesterday she demonstrated them as she served an appreciative audience of newspapermen. Miss Lee, you see, must serve as model Exhibit A for the student workers who will have the bulk of the job of filling the Harvard stomach this fall.