GREENOUGH NEW MEMBER OF SPORTS COMMITTEE

APPOINTED TO FILL PENNYPACKER VACANCY

Announcement was made yesterday of the appointment of Chester Noyes Greenough '98, professor of English, and recently retired Master of Dunter House, as the new member of the Committee on the Regulation of Athletic Sports, to take the place held by Henry Pennypacker '88, the late Chairman of the Committee on Admissions.

Although the appointment was made last spring, Professor Greenough has just taken up his duties as a member of the Committee and attended the meeting last Monday evening. This is not the first time that Professor Greenough has acted on the Committee, since he was a member during his term as Dean of Harvard College.

He was chosen Dean of the College in 1921 and held that office for six years. When the House Plan was inaugurated he was chosen by President emeritus Lowell as Master of Dunster House, in which position he continued until last year.

The other faculty members of the Committee are: Alfred Worcester '78, Henry K. Oliver, Professor Of Hygiene, and Dean Hanford. Undergraduate members: Herman Gundlach '35, Samuel S. Drury '35, and Howard F. Gillette '35. Graduate members: George Whitney '07, Charles P. Curtis, Jr. '14, and William Edmunds '00. William J. Bingham '16, Director of Athletics, is chairman of the Committee, and Henry W. Clark '23 is secretary.