BOOKLET ON HARVARD HISTORY GIVEN TO '37

ARTICLES BY CONANT, BRIGGS, HANFORD IN BOOKLET

Following an interesting and enlightening talk on the history of the Yard, given last night in the upper common room of the Freshman Union by Samuel E. Morison '08, professor of History, the booklet, "The History and Traditions of Harvard College," published by the CRIMSON in cooperation with the Memorial Society, was distributed to the Freshmen attending the meeting. Other copies will be available in the Union vestibule today. The booklets will also be put on sale at the Coop and in Boston and New York stores.

Containing over seventy-five pages of articles and illustrations and bound in a heavy red paper cover, the booklet of Harvard history has an introduction by President Conant, and includes articles on all aspects of Harvard life by such notables as Professor Morison, Dean Hanford, and William J. Bingham '16. Director of Athletics. Perhaps most interesting of the lot is a re-printed essay by the late Le Baron R. Briggs '75, entitled "Harvard and the Individual." This was first published in the Boston Transcript in 1903, but its subject is one that is as vital today as, when it first appeared. There is also an interesting article on "Habits, Customs, and Manners at Harvard," by William 1. Nichols '26, former Assistant Dean and Publicity Director of the University.