Holy Cross to Be Omitted From '36 Harvard Football Schedule

Announcement of Successor of Crusader Not Made--Chance Of Outside Games Good

Harvard and Holy Cross, rivals on the gridiron for the last 15 years will not meet in 1936 according to information secured last night.

The news that the Worcester team would be dropped from the schedule in 1936 did not come as a surprise since it has been the policy of the H.A.A. to regard Yale as the only annual contest. From time to time changes have been made so that new sport relationships could be established. Brown was not on the schedule in 1928, 1929, 1930, or 1931 but returned in 1932.

Team May Leave Twice

In conjunction with the report of the temporary suspension of relations with Holy Cross came the information that the Faculty, at its last meeting, voted to allow the football team to leave Cambridge for two games each year during the years 1936 and 1940. According to present rules the team is allowed only one game away from home each year, but will play both Princeton and Army away next season.

Speculation was rife on the possibilities of scheduling teams from outside New England to fill the gap left by the absence of Holy Cross but officials at the H.A.A. would not reveal which colleges were being considered as likely newcomers to the Harvard schedule.

H.A.A. officials declined to comment on Navy's addition of Yale to its schedule in 1935, which came in an announcement from Annapolis last night.