BASKETBALL COACHES ATTEND RULES MEETING

RULES COMMITTEE WILL MEET IN APRIL TO DISCUSS '36 RULES

A meeting of the New England Association of Basketball Coaches, together with the special group of officials who will handle all the college games in New England this season, was held at 4.00 o'clock yesterday afternoon at the Varsity Club. At this meeting, which is held here annually, the coaches and officials discussed basketball rules, their interpretation, changes that have been made in the past, and officiating technique. Henry W. Clark '23, secretary of the University's Committee on the Regulation of Athletic Sports, was instrumental in the forming of this organization and is an important factor in its proceedings now.

Following the meeting in the afternoon, a basketball demonstration was held in the Indoor Athletic Building at 8.00 o'clock yesterday evening under the auspices of the Eastern Massachusetts District Board of the National Committee of Approved Basketball Officials. The two competing teams were from the Quincy and Woburn high schools of Greater Boston. The demonstration was refereed by Louis Hack, basketball official from Quincy, and Leo Appiani, member of the judiciary committee of the Board. After a close race in which each team was continually getting the advantage over the other, Woburn defeated Quincy by the score of 34-32.

The rules committee of the National Committee will meet this April in New York to formulate basketball rules for next year.