KEPPEL IS APPOINTED CHAIRMAN OF RED BOOK

HEADS OF BOARDS WILL BE NAMED NEXT WEEK

Francis Keppel '38 has been appointed chairman of the Red Book Board for this year's publication, according to an announcement made yesterday. The Red Book, which sets forth in detail the accomplishments of the first year of the class, and the Senior Class Album, which shows its later development, are the only undergraduate records containing the history of the class.

Keppel prepared for college at Groton and was there a news editor of the Grotonian and chairman of the Year Book Board. He will appoint the heads of the art, business, editorial, and photographic boards of the Red Book, subject to the approval of a committee of upperclassmen. These choices will be announced some time next week, and the date of the competition for positions on the various boards will be definitely set for some time after the Christmas vacation.

Photographs for the book, which have been taken at Notman's studio since the beginning of the term, are nearly completed, only 16 being missing at present.

Although in some previous years large deficits have been faced, it is encouraging to note that last year the finances of the Red Book broke practically even.

One of the most important problems for this year is to decide what the feature article for the publication will be. The 1937 board chose President Conant for it's lead article, and in the preceding year the feature was the Yard.

Keppel is the successor of C. Colmery Gibson '37, of Atlanta, Georgia, who was chairman of last year's board. Deric Nusbaum '36, of Santa Fe, New Mexico, was the editor-in-chief for the Class of 1936.