TIBET EXPEDITION TO STUDY CAUSE OF FATIGUE

WORKOUTS ON BICYCLES BASIS OF EXPERIMENTATION

Amid a turmoil of activity in the Fatigue Laboratory of the Business School, Ancel Keys, instructor in Biochemical Sciences, made last minute preparations yesterday for a 1935 expedition which he will lead into the mountains of Tibet to conduct a further study of the causes of fatigue.

Dr. Keys will embark on January 1 for Srinagar, Kashmir, India. The other members of the International High Altitude Expedition will join him here early in April, when heart action, blood pressure, metabolism, and other tests to be used as research will begin.

While the standard piece of equipment to be carried along on the expedition is a stationary bicycle upon which the members will take their daily workouts, much attention is also being paid to the shock proof packing cases which must preserve the bottles and other breakables vital to the entire research.

In addition to Dr. Keys the following men comprise the personnel of the expedition; Harold T. Edwards, assistant in the Fatigue Laboratory; William H. Forbes '23, instructor in Biochemical Sciences; John H. Talbott, instructor in Medicine; E.H. Christensen, University of Copenhagen; W. Osgood Field, Jr., of New York; F.G. Hall, Duke University; R.A. Kissack, University of Minnesota; Bryan H.C. Matthews, University of Cambridge.