From Mr. Ezra Pound

THE MAIL

(Ed. Note--The Crimson does not necessarily endorse opinions expressed in printed communications. No attention will be paid to anonymous letters and only under special conditions, at the request of the writer, will names be withheld.) Rapallo, Italy   12 January, 1984

To the Editors of the Harvard CRIMSON & the undergraduate body of Harvard University

Considering the mass of idiocy that has recently flowed into American print concerning Economics it might be well if students began examining their professors, and editors, reviewers, and "experts" on the following three questions:

1.) What is an auxiliary currency?

2.) If money is rented, WHO ought to pay the rent; the man who has the money when the rent falls due, or someone who hasn't it?

3.) What is the effect of every factory and every industry, under the present system, creating prices faster than it emits the power to buy?

I suggest the students ask these questions at once before the specialists have time to look up the answers.   Yrs.   Ezra Pound.

(The foregoing communication from Mr. Pound, the well-known poet, was forwarded to the CRIMSON by James Laughlin, IV, '36.--Ed.)