CASEY APPOINTED HEAD OF SUMMER GRID SCHOOL

Will Take Charge of B.U. Session With Tuss McLaughry Assisting--Headed Similar School Last Summer

Edward L. Casey '17, Harvard Varsity Football Coach, has been appointed as head of the Boston University summer football school during July and August, it was learned last night. Casey will be assisted by Tuss McLaughry, Varsity grid mentor at Brown.

The course will run from July 2 to August 11, and will be one of the most complete summer football sessions ever conducted. This is the second time that the course has been given; last summer it was in charge of Dr. Joseph M. Harmon. Dr. Harmon was unable to take charge again and suggested Casey and McLaughry to T. Everett Fairchild, director of the summer session.

Morning sessions in the course will be devoted to classroom instruction on the theories of modern football and on the necessities for successful coaching. In the afternoons drills will be held at the William E. Nickerson Recreation Field, Weston. The students will learn the fundamentals of passing, kicking, ball carrying, and line play.

The course at B.U. is intended primarily for coaches and those interested in coaching and it is expected that the subject matter will be largely technical. Last summer Coach Casey conducted a similar school at the Harvard summer school for those who wished to improve their coaching tactics.