TAYLOR LEADS BOXERS WITH TWO KNOCKOUTS

WALSH REFEREES ALL BOUTS ON EVENING'S CARD

Eight men were crowned champions of their class last night in the semi-final and final matches of the University Boxing Championship held in the Indoor Athletic Building. Five knockouts were scored as the aspirants for the crowns fought furiously to gain the decisions, and two champions successfully defeated their title.

Frederick B. Taylor, Jr. '37 boxed cleverly in both of his 135-pound matches to become one of the stars of the evening at the expense of Simmon J. Seder '36 and George J. Huberman '34 whom he knocked out in the third round of both bouts. Timothy J. Shea '36 also showed a clever attack in defending his 165-pound championship successfully against Warren H. White '37 in the semi-finals and Roderick H. Sears '36 ES in the finals. The other champion to retain his title was Samuel Zemurray, Jr. 2GB who completely outclassed George Evashwick '35 and scored a technical knockout in the second round. Evashwick tried hard but proved to be the amusing feature of the evening as he missed wild haymakers and fell down from the force of his blows.

In the 115-pound class Alexander A. Valois '36 stopped Eliot L. Bernstein '34 to become the new champion. James P. Kostareles '37 continued his fast pace in the 125-pound matches to defeat Lyman O. Warren '36. Seder reached the finals by beating Guy A. Drake '37 in a close contest.

Edgar S. Davis '37 boxed very well and stamped himself as Varsity material for next year by taking the 145-pound event with decisive victories over Murray W. Dewart '37 and Robert S. Russell '35. Peter B. Olney '37 lived up to expectations by outpointing Herman Gross 1L in the final 155-pound match and William C. Brister 2GB scored a knockdown in the final round of the 175-pound finals to boat Gordon F. Robertson '36 for the title.

Jimmy Walsh acted as referee in all the bouts of the tournament, and handled the matches very efficiently. The judges were Carrick and Bowman.