To the Great Unwashed

THE MAIL

(Ed. Note--The Crimson does not necessarily endorse opinions expressed in printed communications. No attention will be paid to anonymous letters and only under special conditions, at the request of the writer, will names be withheld.)

To the Editor of the CRIMSON:

"Mens sana in corpore sana;" cleanliness is next to godliness, and the shower room is next to Ward 3. And what a shower! We believe (and who will disagree?) it is impossible to overstress the importance of perfection in shower fixtures. This shower is just like a woman, one moment hot, the next cold. Possessed of woman's prerogative, it varies in temperature and force. Sometimes it merely ceases to function. Should some one take a glass of water some, where in the building, the shower reflects the fact instanter. Above the cubicle's door one well might read, "Abandon hope all ye who enter here." Something must be done about this. Have we no Kohler among our Alumni? Then let a bowl, a basin, be passed about through all House Dining Rooms and let sweet charity flow into it that we may be the godlier. For if results are not forthcoming from this plea for succor we threaten--and it is no idle threat--to descend on masse on Fair Harvard and scourge the place with measles; and we have measles to spare. Woe therefore to the stiff-necked and unmerciful! We shall make Harvard the abomination of desolation, laid low with measles. Look you to it! James LeB. Boyle, II, '36   Thomas G. Ratcliffe '35   J. H. Davidson 2G.B.   T. E. Naughten '34   M. deC. Crawford '37   S. S. Taft '34   Irving Greenblatt '36   C. A. Wirtz 2L.   R. E. Stevens 1G.B.   Francis K. Cole '35   B. T. MacIlveen '36