THE HARVARD LIBERAL

The Critic, as has been mentioned before died an unfortunate death. Rumors that it may perpetrate a resurrection about its sex quiz may bear some truth, but the defalcation of that sheet to its subscribers and the abortive miscellany of their earlier efforts prove any future ghostings to be but echoes in their plastered tomb.

The Harvard Liberal Club has shown signs this year that it is an active and a constructive organization. The membership has been increased, and their work has extended over a far broader scope than one would ordinarily expect of such an organization. Capping their creditable advance, they have decided to publish a magazine, not only containing the results of several investigations now under way, but articles by students in Harvard and other universities over the nation. With the backing of an able and coherent group, there is no question that The Harvard Liberal will fill a valuable place in the field of university journalism. In style resembling the New Republic or The Nation, omitting the dull preciosity, the innocuous smartness of the Critic, unsmirched by lecherous sensationalism, this sheet will be apropos, readable, and immediate.

Sweetser has pointed out that contributions are acceptable from Freshman to the man in the street, on controversial subjects of collegiate and national interest. He has also made it quite clear that the editorial policy will preclude the tabloid as well as the tea-cup. It is to be earnestly hoped that the college will support this pertinent venture by contributing its most constructively critical thought.