Liberal Club Elects Kramer As President For Coming Season

Expected Fireworks Missing as Vote Is Quiet --Support of Club to N.S.F.A. Voted

Disappointing a group of enthusiasts who had gathered in the hope of witnessing a violent quarrel over the elections, the Liberal Club last night conducted their business in a most orderly fashion and announced at the close, that Victor, H. Kramer '35 of Cincinnati, Ohio, had been elected president of the organization for the coming year.

Other officers chosen for next year, at the meeting last night, were: Vice-President, G. Raymond Dennett '36 of Williamstown, former president of the Club and son of the New president of Williams College; Secretary Alvin M. Josephy, Jr. '36 of New York City; Treasurer, Griffith B. Washburn '35, of Graystone Park, N. J., former vice-president; Fifth member of the Executive Council, Thomas H. Quinn ''36 of West Warwick, R. I., retiring president.

Following his election last night Kramer issued a statement on the future policy of the Club: "It is my earnest hope that the Liberal Club will continue to remain an organization for the formulation and expression of liberal opinion on all pertinent questions, and that it will take such action in accordance with these views as the Club sees fit, regardless of the personal opinions of its officers or any other members of the Club."

At the conclusion of the meeting, when the elections had been thrashed out, a motion was put to protest the action of the University of Michigan, where it is claimed, the president treated students who took part in radical demonstrations, with expulsion.The motion was carried by a decisive vote. A second motion, heartily supported by Arthur N. Holcombe '06, professor of Government and trustee of the Liberal Club support of the National Student Federation of America in its fight for the recognition of their "Laboratory of students in politics." This laboratory was suggested by the Department of Commerce in Washington and the Liberal Club will campaign for its recognition by the Harvard Department of Government.